Born in 1972, Married, with two sons.
A. Professional Experiences:
- Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary of I.R. Iran to the Republic of Austria; Accredited to the Republic of Slovakia, June 2020 – present;
- Director General for Int'l Legal Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs; January 2018 – May 2020;
- Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, November 2015 – January 2018;
- Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Iran to the United Nations office in Geneva; September 2011 – October 2015;
- Director, Legal Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs; June 2009 – August 2011;
- Deputy Director, Legal Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs; March 2007 – May 2009;
- Second Secretary, Permanent Mission of Iran to UN, New York, January 2004 – February 2007;
- Legal Expert, Legal Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, April 1999 – December 2003.
B. International Experiences:
- Chair of “Working Group on International Law of Cyberspace” of AALCO (Asian African Legal Consultative Organization), April 2018-June 2020;
- Chair of “Government Group” of International Labour Organization; June 2013 – June 2014;Chair of “Selection Panel of Independent Advisory Oversight Committee” of WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization); March 2013 – October 2013
- Rapporteur of “Working Group II on Arbitration” of UNCITRAL (United Nations Commission on International Trade Law); 2008 & 2009;
- Head of Iranian Delegation at a number of international and bilateral meetings including UN Sixth Committee, UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice, Conference of the Parties to the UN Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, AALCO, High Border Commission meetings with neighboring countries, etc.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Public International Law, graduated in 2010, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
- Master of Arts (M.A.), Public International law, graduated in 1999, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) International Relations, graduated in 1996, Faculty of International Relations, Tehran, Iran.
- Author of a number of articles on public international law in Persian and English.